Win $5K by making a sustainability video
A heads up from Leah at Suddenly Frugal.
I just got the heads up that time is running out to enter the Just Do One video contest. The winning video entry will receive a cash prize of $5,000.00. We all know someone who could use $5,000.00 right now, right?
Entering is simple. Just take a 3 minute video of you, your friends, your family or anyone you know doing one act of sustainability. Not sure what that qualifies as sustainable?
Here are some video ideas:
· Buying organic food & wine from Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, etc.
· Setting up a compost bin
· Packing groceries in canvas totes rather than plastic bags
· Dressing the family in organic clothing
· Cleaning the babies room/house/automobile/boat/garage with eco-friendly cleaning products
· Turning off the lights when leaving the house
· Car pooling
· Driving a hybrid vehicle
· Video clip from a green baby shower/green wedding/green Christmas party
These are all simple ideas that help save our planet. They might just save you–and you–some dough, too.
The deadline to enter is March 1, 2009 and the winner will receive press coverage leading up to Earth Day–good for any entrepreneurs or small-business owners that read this blog.
Unsure how sustainability started? Check out my post about the UN defining sustainability