12 Ways to Reuse Wrapping Paper
Since wrapping paper is traditionally not recyclable, I’ve put together a quick list of ways to reuse the stuff with some help from my Facebook friends and fellow Tweeters. This way all that pretty paper won’t end up in the landfill.
- Shred it to use as ‘fluff’ in gift bags and gift boxes for future gift giving needs. (Thanks Lis!)
- Make textbook covers
- Make tiny gift tags or cards
- Learn origami
- Use it as decor (wrap artwork for an easy holiday decoration) (Thanks Zachary)
- Mat photographs
- Piece scraps together with glue on a sturdy box for reusable gift packaging
- Kids art projects
- Make paper snowflakes
- Glue or tape scraps to juice can lids to make a pattern matching game. Wrap a Pringles can with paper for storage of the lids.
- Use scraps for kids to make paper dolls (via E-how)
- Make a decorative wreath